According to a press release received by NYConvergence, local Verizon FiOS TV and Internet subscribers now have access to a new widget that streams live camera feeds of traffic in hot spots throughout the five boroughs.
Verizon worked with the City of New York to make the data and camera views available on FiOS TV. Users can access the widget in the Widgets Bazaar. It is represented by a “NYC 311” logo.
Widgets currently in the works by Verizon include:
- Cultural and recreational events
- Yellow taxi lost and found
- Bus or subway updates and schedules
- Alternate side-of-the-street parking and assistance
- Street and bridge information
- School closures
> FiOS Expands in Central New York