For Social Media Week NY, the New York City Economic Development Corporation is holding a panel discussion tomorrow at 4 p.m. examining the role of government in social media. City administrators as well as local entrepreneurs will discuss how new initiatives are creating an environment for tech sector growth. They will also discuss Applied Sciences NYC—the city’s challenge to build an applied sciences and engineering campus—and the ultimate selection of Cornell University and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology as the winner.
- Kristy Sundjaja, NYCEDC, Senior Director, Head of Industry Transformation (moderator)
- Danielle Strle, Tumblr, Community Team Lead
- Jalak Jobanputra, Venture Investor
- Jessica Lawrence, NY Tech Meetup, Managing Director
- Robert Richardson, NYC DoITT, Director of Strategic Technology Development
- Steve Rosenbaum, NYC Entrepreneur at Large and Magnify.net CEO
For more details, please see the link below.