This year, the DUMBO Arts Festival will include a wide range of technology-related installations and exhibits. The event takes place from September 28-30, and will include technology highlights like:
- Superhero: Participants are transformed into superheroes in this interactive projection mapping experience. Users have the opportunity to fly, shape shift, and throw light beams.
- Codex Dynamic: This large-scale video projection exhibit is presented on the Manhattan Bridge Anchorage and Archway. It features video artworks by internationally known video artists, and the exhibition is meant to transform space, time, and the users’ perceived reality. Curated by Leo Kuelbs and John Ensor Parker.
- ITP Residents’ Show: 10 artists from the Interactive Telecommunications Program at the Tisch School of Art demonstrate communications technologies and how they might enhance, improve, and enlighten art in people’s lives.
- Neurime: A large scale instrument exhibit that can be activated by touch. It utilizes neural connections and features with 12 discrete audio channels.
- Universal Mobile Interface: This is an origami-based sculpture that uses live camera feeds to work with the interactivity of the viewer and surrounding landscape.