NY Convergence’s content is provided by a variety of contributors who offer their perspectives on the news and events which they cover. Select biographies below.
- Lauren Keyson is a journalist for NYConvergence.com, a journalist and publisher of DisruptiveTechnologists.com and a writer for the NY Tech Council. She is also the communications director for the UC Berkeley NY Alumni Club and on the advisory board for the Graduate Division, University of California, Berkeley. She is the founder of the organization Disruptive Technologists in NYC. Formerly a VP of Digital Publishing for an information technology company (Multex.com) and the publishing director for a broker-dealer (Instinet), she has a BA from U.C. Berkeley, a publishing certificate from Stanford University and a summa cum laude Associate of Science degree in Web Development from the International Academy of Design and Technology. Past publications she has created and published include The Internet Analyst (1.5M subscribers), The Telecomm Analyst (1.3M subscribers), and The Tech Briefing (acquired by Reuters).
- Esther Surden has written about telecom, technology, emerging technology, and the business of technology for most of her 30-year career as a journalist. Her work appeared in numerous business magazines, newsletters and newspapers including ComputerWorld, Retail Information Systems News, Communications Business Daily , Vertical Application Reseller, Computer Reseller News, Mobile Internet Devices and Services, and Outlook on IBM, to name just a few. Esther graduated from Pace University’s Masters in Publishing program in December, 2010. She is also author of the blog, Tech and the Baby Boomer which can be found at techandboomers.blogspot.com and the NJ focused tech site New Jersey Tech Weekly njtechweekly.com.
- Sherry Mazzocchi is a graduate of CUNY Graduate School of Journalism. In addition to writing for NYConvergence, she’s reported for Advertising Age, WNYC, the New York Daily News, CBSlocal.com and other local media. She also creates multimedia projects for the Center for Visually Impaired People at Baruch College.
- Julie DeVito is a junior at New York University studying Journalism and Social/Cultural Analysis with an interest in Public Relations. She also serves as Foreign Correspondent editor for the school newspaper.
- David Craig is a freelance writer living in New York and a tech aficionado.